Artec Ford 8.8 Modular Truss 97-06 Jeep TJ
- Fast and Free Shipping on orders over $99*
- Available Monday - Friday 6AM - 6PM PST
- No salesmen, Just Enthusiasts.
- Bizrate Circle of Excellence Winner
Perfect for that axle swap in the back of your TJ, XJ or YJ, the 8.8 Modular Axle Truss is the most versatile truss available for the popular Ford Explorer 8.8 axle. This heavy duty truss system is designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your axle while also providing a flat surface to mount your upper links. The 1/4" thick truss incorporates a unique design to strengthen both the axle and the link mounting surface.
This truss is available by itself, or you can add-on Artec's optional leaf spring perches designed for use with a YJ Wrangler (Spring Over AXLE or SOA), XJ Cherokee, or coil spring perches designed for rear TJ Wrangler coil springs. If using for a YJ with leafs, simply choose the YJ leaf perches option, choose XJ leaf perches for Cherokees. If using in a TJ, choose coil perches as well as your upper link mount size and lower link mount angle. In either case, they also offer our new high clearance shock mounts as well. These place the lower shock mounts either in front or behind the axle in the lowest mounting position possible without giving up ground clearance.
The truss includes a bridge that ties into a flange off the pinion of the axle. This bridge is intended to be trimmed to fit depending on what pinion you set of the top of the truss. By tying it into the pinion, it reinforces the strength of the whole truss.
- 1/4" mild steel. Precision CNC cut and bent for great fitment.
- Truss is low profile allowing link joints to be mounted with ideal geometry - about 8 inches from the axle centerline.
- This Modular truss is shorter to allow use with factory leaf spring perches or our add-on coil or leaf spring perches. This flexibility means that if you change from leaf spring to coil spring, you don't have to remove the whole truss, just the end brackets.
- Truss is reinforced using interlocked 1/4 thick gussets for maximum strength and easy assembly.
- Overall low profile design means your axle is stronger, sleaker, easier to fit into any vehicle, and less likely to interfere with vehicle components.
Important Notes: Leaf spring option is for standard YJ width but is for spring over axle (SOA), not spring under (SUA). The kit does not include u-bolts. Coil spring option is for stock REAR TJ coils (the wider ones) not TJ front coils. This kit requires general welding and fabrication skills. Welding should only be done by a competent welder. Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable for improper installation. Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this kit. Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required.