BDS Suspension 4in Suspension System - 2017-2019 Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon
4-6 Week Lead Time
- Fast and Free Shipping on orders over $99*
- Available Monday - Friday 6AM - 6PM PST
- No salesmen, Just Enthusiasts.
- Bizrate Circle of Excellence Winner
This 4" ZR2 system builds on the tried and true design of BDS's lift systems for the standard Colorado/Canyon to take advantage of the FMVSSS No.126 (ESC System) compliant Colorado kit components and build them into the new ZR2 setup. Up front this 4" system utilizes a pair of 1/4" thick one-piece laser cut steel high clearance crossmembers to reposition the longer travel A-arms along with a multipoint differential relocation system to securely position the front axle and keep CV axle angles at a minimum. Tying everything together is a heavy duty full width belly skid plate that creates a stout subframe and improves offroad protection whether you are charging through the open desert of out on a backcountry trail. A pair of CNC-machined ductile iron steering knuckles are supplied to reposition steering tie rod mount points and integrate with the larger ball joints from the ZR2 A-arms. Top mounted strut spacers are supplied to correctly position the DSSV coilovers to set ride height and achieve clearance throughout suspension travel. At 4" of lift on the ZR2 the front driveline angles begin to be a issue. To correct this BDS supplies a transfer case indexing ring to rotate the transfer case and improve front driveshaft operating angle to allow the re-installation of the factory driveshafts.
Out back BDS supplies a 4" block and u-bolt kit to replace the factory block to level the stance of the Colorado ZR2 while retaining ride quality. Additionally a pair of axle mounted shock relocation brackets are supplied, specially designed for the ZR2 to allow integration with the factory DSSV shocks. As with all BDS suspension lifts, these new Chevy Colorado ZR2 4" lift systems are backed by Factory Protection Plus giving you the confidence to use it and abuse it out on the trail. Take your ZR2 to the next level with BDS Suspension.Tire & Wheel Combinations
- 35x12.50 w/20 x 9 and 5.25" back spacing
- 35x12.50 w/17x9 or 18x9 and 4.5" back spacing
- *Trimming may be required*
- Difficulty Level (easy 1 - 5 complicated): 4
- Will fit gas and diesel models
- Inner Fender trimming required
- Minor welding required
- Electronic assisted steering system is sensitive to out of round, unbalanced, and more aggressive tread pattern tires. High speed steering wheel feedback can occur.
- Stock 17" and 18" wheels cannot be reinstalled with the lift kit. Aftermarket 20" wheels with a maximum 5.25" backspacing are recommended. Certain wheel and tire combinations will require weld on steering stops, these are included in the kit. See end of instructions sheet for details on installation.