Tembo Tusk Salmon Cakes Recipe
Tired of the usual flavorless freeze-dried camp food? Try this simple and delicious Asian-inspired recipe. These salmon cakes are ideal after a long day on the trail or while out camping. Only taking a short time to make, while still taking your camp kitchen skills to the next level. Perfect served with rice and vegetables of your choice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 min
Feeds: 1-2 people.
Makes 2 Salmon Cakes
- 7-8 ounces cooked salmon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of toasted bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- In a large bowl combine salmon, mayonnaise, garlic, scallions, toasted bread crumbs, egg, lemon juice, ginger, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, then combine thoroughly.
- Gently form into two salmon cakes roughly ½ inch thick each.
- Heat Tembo Tusk Skottle wok over medium heat, when hot add coconut oil.
- Place both salmon cakes near the center of the Tembo Tusk Skottle Grill, sear for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, drizzle with hoisin sauce then enjoy alongside your choice of grain and vegetable.
The salmon cake mixture can be stored for up to 2 days in the refrigerator, so whip this up and bring it along on your next adventure!