Falcon Sport Tow/Haul Leveling System - 2009-2018 Dodge Ram 1500
- Fast and Free Shipping on orders over $99*
- Available Monday - Friday 6AM - 6PM PST
- No salesmen, Just Enthusiasts.
- Bizrate Circle of Excellence Winner
The RAM 1500 Falcon Sport Tow/Haul Shock Absorber Systems pair monotube front shock absorbers with adjustable piggyback rear shock absorbers with settings for comfort and control or for towing and hauling duties. The rear shocks feature a three-position Fast Adjust Knob that allows the driver to select from Comfort & Control, Moderate Tow/Haul, and Heavy Tow/Haul settings.
ZRT - Zone Rate Tuning
Zone Rate Tuning (ZRT) manipulates the factory linear-rate spring tuning to produce three distinct performance zones with a more exaggerated spring curve to tackle various driving conditions.
An internal negative-rate spring offsets the factory spring's preload while in the Extension Zone. This eliminates top out clunk and shock stress at full extension, while softening tire landing and reducing body roll on impact during aggressive driving.
The factory spring rate is unaffected in Drive Zone for a comfortable and controlled ride. A provided progressive microcellular bump stop effectively retunes the spring rate while in Compression Zone to reduce bottoming and body roll during aggressive driving.
VOD - Volume Optimized Damping
Traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers react quickly during low speed driving causing excessive "head toss" on rough terrain — or even driveways. Conventional damping then firms up during faster speeds resulting in a jarring ride.
Falcon's proprietary Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear valve that produces quicker ramp up for increased damping volume, which improves vehicle feedback and control during low-speed driving. VOD also improves the shock absorber's ability to reduce bottoming out at full compression during faster speeds or over uneven terrain.
- 2009+ RAM 1500
- Two (2) monotube front shock absorbers
- Two (2) adjustable piggyback rear shock absorbers
- Front & rear progressive microcellular bump foam bump stops
- Billet coil spring carrier
- Injection molded squeak-free spring isolator
- Rear roost guards
- All necessary hardware
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Rear Fast Adjust knob w/ 3 compression settings for large damping adjustments
- Rear adjustment settings include: Comfort & Control, Moderate Tow/Haul, & Heavy Tow/Haul
- Application-specific pickup shock absorbers w/ race-inspired performance
- Front shock features multiple snap ring grooves to level out front end
- Snap ring grooves maintain set ride height (instructions laser etched on shock body)
- Dramatic improvement in on-road comfort & off-road performance
- Increases vehicle stability
- Improved dynamic roll control & low speed damping
- All testing done on E-rated tires (worst possible ride)
- 2.25" shock body provides optimal performance
- Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel
- 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body resists wear & protects internal components while providing superior heat dissipation
- Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long-term performance
- 3/4" shaft to prevent shaft buckling
- Induction hardened chrome plated shaft resists rock damage & corrosion
- Hard anodized piston
- Zone Rate Tuning (ZRT) retunes the factory spring in the Extension, Drive & Compression zones
- Negative spring inside shock body eliminates top out clunk, softens tire landing, & reduces body roll & stress on shock
- Application-specific tuned bump stop reduces bottoming out & body roll
- OGS — the oil/gas separator prevents cavitation
- Digressive linear piston
- 1-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band w/ O-ring
- High-quality spherical bushings (when applicable)
- Zerk fittings to lube bushing (when applicable)
- Red Line full synthetic shock oil with high viscosity index of 519 for consistent performance across all temperatures & reduced shock fade
- Synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear & lubricity agents for excellent thermal stability
- 1,000-hour salt spray corrosion resistance test on all hardware
- Serviceable & rebuildable (factory serviced)
- Built in-house at the TeraFlex Falcon Shock Division
- Patent pending design
- 3-year warranty
- Do not use tow/haul modes while unladen as the increased rear stiffness could upset the balance between the front and rear of the vehicle, which could lead to loss of vehicle control.
- Never exceed factory tow/haul ratings.
Falcon Sport Tow/Haul Leveling System - 2009-2018 Dodge Ram 1500 fits the following vehicles:
- 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
- 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
- 2010 Ram 1500
- 2011 Ram 1500
- 2012 Ram 1500
- 2013 Ram 1500
- 2014 Ram 1500
- 2015 Ram 1500
- 2016 Ram 1500
- 2017 Ram 1500
- 2018 Ram 1500