JKS Manufacturing Rear Lower Shock Extension - 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- Fast and Free Shipping on orders over $99*
- Available Monday - Friday 6AM - 6PM PST
- No salesmen, Just Enthusiasts.
- Bizrate Circle of Excellence Winner
When a CV-type rear driveshaft is installed on Wrangler TJ models, the rear axle housing must be rotated to align the pinion with the driveshaft. Unfortunately, the reclined axle position forces the factory shock mounts under the axle housing just enough to create an interference problem with the shock absorbers. The interference occurs between the shock absorber and the lower coil spring mount on the axle housing. Unless corrected, this problem can easily damage the shock absorbers beyond repair.
Shock Extension; Rear lower; Extended shock mounting bracket; Relocates shock mounting hole 1.75 in. farther away from axle housing; Attaches directly to factory shock mount; Heavy gauge steel construction; Powdercoated; Bolt-on; Pair
- Extended shock mounting bracket eliminates interference between shock absorber and axle housing
- Protects shock absorbers from irreparable damage and prevents catastrophic shock mount failure
- Compensates for rotation of axle housing when CV-type driveshaft has been installed
- Durable powdercoat finish provides excellent corrosion resistance
- Easy, bolt-on installation requires no modifications
- Requires shock absorber to be installed with body up and shaft down.
JKS Manufacturing Rear Lower Shock Extension - 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ fits the following vehicles:
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler