JKS Manufacturing Steering Brace System - Jeep XJ and MJ
- Fast and Free Shipping on orders over $99*
- Available Monday - Friday 6AM - 6PM PST
- No salesmen, Just Enthusiasts.
- Bizrate Circle of Excellence Winner
The unibody chassis on Jeep Cherokee XJ models is constructed of multiple sheet metal layers that are formed and spot welded together. When subjected to the torsional forces that occur off-road, the chassis develops small fatigue fractures in high stress locations.
The power steering gear mount is particularly vulnerable, due to the tremendous leverage required to control large tires in off-road conditions. Making matters worse, the steering gear is attached to the chassis with bolts and sleeves made of dissimilar metals. As a result, they often fuse together from corrosion, making it virtually impossible to detect a loose mounting bolt.
Once failure occurs, there simply is no easy or inexpensive solution. And without steering control, driving the vehicle to a repair facility just isn't an option.
Steering Brace System; Chassis reinforcement plates; Steering box brace; Attaches directly to inside and outside of chassis rail; Heavy gauge steel construction; Bare metal; Weld-on; Each
- Driver and Passenger Side
- Rigid chassis plates reinforce most vulnerable section of chassis to prevent failure of vital steering function
- Provides additional steering gear support necessary for large tires and off-road conditions
- Ensures proper load distribution during winching and recovery operation particularly important on unibody vehicles
- Improves integrity of winch and bumper mounts, and strengthens and repositions OE tow hook provision for improved off-road clearance
- Prevents the need for crude or expensive repair of steering gear mount common with failure on the trail
- Replaces corrosive and failure prone steering gear hardware with quality, long-lasting materials
- Installation requires welding.
- Modifications to bumper mount may be necessary.
JKS Manufacturing Steering Brace System - Jeep XJ and MJ fits the following vehicles:
- 1984 Jeep Cherokee
- 1985 Jeep Cherokee
- 1986 Jeep Cherokee
- 1986 Jeep Comanche
- 1987 Jeep Cherokee
- 1987 Jeep Comanche
- 1988 Jeep Cherokee
- 1988 Jeep Comanche
- 1989 Jeep Cherokee
- 1989 Jeep Comanche
- 1990 Jeep Cherokee
- 1990 Jeep Comanche
- 1991 Jeep Cherokee
- 1991 Jeep Comanche
- 1992 Jeep Cherokee
- 1992 Jeep Comanche
- 1993 Jeep Cherokee
- 1994 Jeep Cherokee
- 1995 Jeep Cherokee
- 1996 Jeep Cherokee
- 1997 Jeep Cherokee
- 1998 Jeep Cherokee
- 1999 Jeep Cherokee
- 2000 Jeep Cherokee
- 2001 Jeep Cherokee