Motobilt Aluminum Fuel Cell 19 Gallon - 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ
- Fast and Free Shipping on orders over $99*
- Available Monday - Friday 6AM - 6PM PST
- No salesmen, Just Enthusiasts.
- Bizrate Circle of Excellence Winner
Motobilt MB5010-TJ offers a solution for relocating the fuel tank in your Jeep TJ. The Motobilt MB5010-TJ/LJ was designed to use the stock Jeep TJ fuel pump and designed to fit in the back bed of your Jeep. It is 30 x 12 x 12 inch. This will Not fit behind your seat. The tank has a capacity of roughly 18.7 US gallons. The Motobilt fuel tank is CNC cut from 1/8 inch 5052 aluminum and formed on a press brake, is TIG welded for ultimate strength and includes a large D-ring style cap. This can be converted to remote fill by purchasing a different filler neck system. The Motobilt fuel cell mount will fit this tank perfectly.
The kit consists of three parts the main under tank plate and two clamp bodies. The under tank plate is CNC Laser Cut from 1/8 inch high strength steel plate. You can weld your own mounting brackets to the bottom if needed or utilize the 8 bolt holes already in the mount. The 2 clamp down bodies capture the top and all four sides of the tank and bolt securely to the mounting base. These parts are CNC Laser Cut but from 18 gauge steel. The parts are formed on a hydraulic press break. This mount will ensure your fuel cell is mounted securely.
The Motobilt tank features one fitting on top of the tank which has a roll over valve for a vent line. The MB5010-TJ Fuel Cell already has the provisions for the clamping ring cnc cut into the tank. This means the clamping ring and pump will bolt in with no cutting or drilling necessary! Once the ring is installed, we recommend using Permatex 80016 Form-A-Gasket number 2 Sealant to seal the contact surfaces. This is a sealant we have used in the shop numerous times over the years for sealing filler caps on fuel cells.
This fuel cell is used for applications where you are extending the wheel base and the rear axle would contact the factory fuel tank. It would also be used in situations where more ground clearance is needed. This kit works perfectly with the Motobilt Jeep TJ Back Half kit or Motobilt Jeep LJ back half kit, where the frame rails are moved up and in for ultimate clearance.
- Fuel tank in your Jeep TJ
- 30 inch x12 inch x 12 inch
- Roughly 18.7 US gallons capacity
- CNC cut from 1/8 inch 5052 aluminum
- Press brake formed
- TIG welded for ultimate strength
- Includes a large D-ring style cap
- Under tank plate is CNC Laser Cut from 1/8 inch high strength steel plate
- Sold as kit
- This Fuel Cell Does Not mount in between the frame rails. It will only mount inside the bed of the Jeep
- This Fuel Cell Does Not fit behind the factory seat
- You must purchase the Clamping ring MB5007 if you have not already done so previously
- Fuel mount sold separately PN MB5010
- We recommend using Permatex 80016 Form-A-Gasket number 2 Sealant to seal the contact surfaces
Motobilt Aluminum Fuel Cell 19 Gallon - 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ fits the following vehicles:
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ