Nitro Gear & Axle Longer Travel Ball Joint Upper Control Arms 98-07 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Fast and Free Shipping on orders over $99*
- Available Monday - Friday 6AM - 6PM PST
- No salesmen, Just Enthusiasts.
- Bizrate Circle of Excellence Winner
NEW DESIGN, NOW USES SEALED BALL JOINT!
The short-comings of OEM 100 Series IFS:
In 1998 Toyota released the all new 100 series Land Cruiser to replace its solid axle 80 series models. While providing a much smoother ride and better handling on the road, the IFS proved to be very limited in suspension travel. Most lift kits for the IFS setup simply raise the front end by means of adjusting/replacing the torsion bars which actually reduces overall down-travel. This is the result of aftermarket suspension kits only utilizing stock length shocks.
Driving over rough roads and potholes compounds this problem as the pre-loaded suspension, with fully extend shocks, has no more room for shock travel resulting in poor ride quality and premature shock failure. The only way to improve suspension travel is to run longer than stock shocks. The factory upper control arms also become a limiter as they will contact the shock body if using longer shocks. With a raised suspension height, the OEM upper ball-joint is forced to operate at an extreme angle and wider tires many times will not clear the factory upper control arms. The OEM ball-joint also has a potential to separate if a stock length shock were to break, leading to catastrophic failure of suspension, steering, and CV axle. Also, The OEM upper Ball joint is not sold separately so you must buy the whole arms, which cost more than the pair of our heavy duty extended travel Ball-joint type arms available here. As an added benefit our arms accept the 05+ Tacoma type ball joint (as they are more common), they can be replaced with joints available at nearly any auto part store.
- To solve the extreme ball joint angle of the stock arms the ball-joint cup is clocked to run level on vehicles with 2-3" additional ride height.
- With the proper shock setup, this allows up to 50% increase in down travel over OE/Aftermarket suspension kits that use OE length shocks. (we offer these)
- The arms are 100% BOLT-ON and fit in the stock tapered ball-joint location in spindle. That's right no drilling, no welding, no tapping. Arms allow for proper alignment.
- They are also fully serviceable, as the bushings and ball-joints can easily be replaced. The ball joints and upper bushings include zerk fittings for quiet squeak-free operation.
- Made in USA, TIG Welded, Chromoly DOM tubing for strength versus the flimsy OEM stamped steel arms.
- This design allows for a lower profile, thus providing additional clearance for larger tires, and/or larger/ longer shocks.
- The arms utilize a sealed 2005+ Toyota Tacoma type upper ball joint, making them serviceable at regular auto part stores.
Nitro Gear & Axle
Longer Travel Ball Joint Upper Control Arms
1998-2007 Toyota Landcruiser 100 & LX470
Eliminate the extreme ball joint angle of your Landcruiser and gain back the needed articulation with these Upper Control Arms.
Nitro Gear & Axle Longer Travel Ball Joint Upper Control Arms 98-07 Toyota Land Cruiser fits the following vehicles:
- 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser