Superlift 2.5 inch Lift Kit 1999-2006 Silverado | Sierra 1500
- Fast and Free Shipping on orders over $99*
- Available Monday - Friday 6AM - 6PM PST
- No salesmen, Just Enthusiasts.
- Bizrate Circle of Excellence Winner
Superlift's Level 1 lift kit provides a moderate leveling kit for the front suspension, a rear block & U-bolt kit plus a set of four (4) Superlift shock absorbers. Priced much less than traditional taller lifts, Level 1 lift kits are perfect for those looking for more than a leveling kit. Level 1 lift kits will provide your truck with the clearance needed to run larger tires & instantly transform your truck from stock to stud.
The 1999-2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD and the 1999-2006 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD are equipped with an Independent Front Suspension (IFS) with torsion bars.
In these IFS torsion bar models, the front tires attach to steering knuckles. The knuckles pivot on ball joints attach to upper & lower control arms. The upper & lower control arms position the knuckles front-to-back & side-to-side. The ‘spring’ of the suspension is a torsion bar. The torsion bars have a tremendous pre-load or ‘twist’ in them. The torsion bars are what determine the ride height of the suspension. These torsion bars have a certain amount of adjustment built into the factory system, but simply ‘cranking up’ the factory system will cause a harsher ride.
The front of the torsion bar attaches to the lower control arm and rear attaches at a rear frame crossmember. This crossmember houses the adjuster or torsion keys. Torsion bar keys have hex-cut (or splined) holes that mate to the rear ends of the torsion bars. This adjustment takes place via a bolt that indexes on a torsion key attached to each torsion bar.
Our Level-It keys are indexed differently to increase bar rotation and lift (the center hex where the torsion bar mounts are re-indexed or rotated). As the new keys are loaded, they apply torsional load to the bars which in turn lifts the vehicle greater than that of the stock torsion keys. Ours are also designed to grab the ‘flat’ hex portion of the torsion bar for a more precise, tighter fit.
- SUPERLIFT’S heavy-duty forged-steel construction torsion keys are 25% stronger than OEM keys.
- Provided 1.5 inches to 2.5 inches of adjustable lift height.
- New, strong 10.9 Grade metric hardware is supplied to prevent ‘over-cranking’ the torsion bars.
- Ideal for restoring height lost from heavy front bumper, winch/bumper combo or snow plow.
- Included in this system is a set of four (4) Superlift hydraulic shocks absorbers. Superlift shock absorbers are designed to provide excellent ride quality, durability, and longevity. They feature 10-stage, velocity-sensitive valving for maximum control on or off-road without sacrificing a comfortable ride. Shock resistance is continually adjusted, depending on the terrain and vehicle speed.
- Front: Torsion keys (2); 10.9 Grade metric hardware (2); Superlift Shocks (2).
- Rear: Rear block kit; cast steel blocks (2); U-bolts (4); heavy-duty flat washers (8); U-bolt long nuts; Superlift Shocks (2).
NOTE: Special torsion bar puller tool is required to load/unload torsion bars. The puller tool is available for purchase or rental from most major automotive part stores.
Superlift 2.5 inch Lift Kit 1999-2006 Silverado | Sierra 1500 fits the following vehicles:
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 1999 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2000 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2001 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2002 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2003 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2004 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2005 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2006 GMC Sierra 1500